Why study intelligence?
- Humans are unique in their
- Intelligence is arguably the most significant
- The study of intelligence is historically central to modern
psychology. Intelligence theory and testing has played a very
important role in the history and evolution of modern psychology.
- Intelligence is widely measured & used in decision
making, e.g. clinical, education, job selection, etc.
- Intelligence arguably underlies all other aspects of human
- Intelligence is a ubiquitous psychological difference between
people which is often overlooked.
- Intelligence has been considered as a 6th personality factor to be
added to the "Big 5" personality factors.
- Intelligence theory and testing has had a checkered history which
illustrates important ethical issues in science and psychology.